Liquid Immersion Cooling Making a Mark at Sustainable Digital Infrastructure Summit, MontrealYogendra Singh
Prasa recently participated in a very well known digital summit – ‘Sustainable Digital Infrastructure’ in Montreal on 12th November 2019. The event canvassed the need for efficient and sustainable digital infrastructure to reduce the impact on the environment and steps that have to be taken to future-proof it. It was a huge success with a great turn out despite the bad weather, which goes to prove that sustainability is becoming a huge priority for businesses.
President at Prasa Inc., Mr. Jay Burse, was on the panel as a speaker at the summit, where he discussed High Performance Computing (HPC) at the edge and shared some interesting developments in data center cooling technologies. He talked about how Prasa has built the largest data center for supercomputers in India, and is enabling solutions like edge data centers and liquid immersion cooling to make the data center space more eco-friendly and sustainable. He focused on how to reduce the power consumption in data centers and make them more reliable with liquid immersion cooling solutions.
This initiative of Prasa is to bolster its commitment towards creating eco-friendly data centers and lowering carbon footprint of the data centers.
Digital Infrastructure Summit at Montreal saw a discussion on a wide range of intriguing topics, all of which aimed at elevating the data center industry to a higher sustainability platform. The event focused of pragmatic solutions from a business point of view and solution providers for the same. Some of the topics that were covered during the day were:
- HPC by Edge Computing
- Sustainable data center cooling with Liquid Immersion Cooling solutions
- Managing KPI’s to reduce the carbon emissions of IT infrastructure, including third-party data centre co-location/cloud services
- Digital infrastructure and the circular economy
- Data centre water mitigation: Preparing for natural disasters and climate change
- Meeting the energy demands of digital infrastructure with micro generation/distributed energy resources
- Data centre energy storage
- The expanding role of artificial intelligence in operations and energy management
- How data centers and utilities will drive growth to help create the ‘energy internet’
Digital Infrastructure Summit proved to be a very insightful event and created awareness about green data centers. It showcased multiple opinions on data center sustainability from industry insiders and acted as a platform for data centers of the future and a lot of new innovative technologies that are sure to change the data center industry as we know it today. Many big data center brands like Vertiv, Schneider, Estruxture, etc, partook in the event and stood by sustainability in data centers as the future of data centers.
To know more about sustainable solutions for data center, contact the experts at Prasa at firstname.lastname@example.org