A Tier III Data Center to Accommodate IT Expansion at IOCL, Vadodara, Gujarat.
“Prasa has built a modern and energy-efficient data center at Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), i.e., the largest commercial oil company in India. A tier-III data center was deployed that increased the efficiency of the data center multifold and reduced the carbon footprint of the company”.
Highlights of the project
- The data center follows Hot-aisle containment solution, which makes the data center safer and smarter.
- The data center is installed with In-row cooling systems that cool efficiently with precision and brings down the energy consumption and hence lowers the PUE.
About the Client
IOCL is an oil refinery in Gujarat, also known as Energy of India. It is an Indian state-owned oil and gas company.
- The previous data center at IOCL lacked storage capacity and was unable to support the needs of the IT Department. It mostly consisted of fixed structures which offered little to no scope for developments and upgrades. The data center was also not safe enough according to the contemporary standards and also consumed a huge amount of electricity, in turn increasing the carbon footprint of the company.
- A smaller data center was already functioning, and it had to be moved to the server of the new data center without hampering the working of the company and, ensuring as little downtime as possible.
The Prasa Solution
- The new data center built by Prasa uses modern technology and spans across 3 rooms – BMS room, UPS room, and Server room. It has been modified with stairs, which assists in easy movement of equipment and will also facilitate upgrades in the future, and has fire rated Gypsum wall that protects the data center from fire.
- The existing data was shifted to the new server with a shutdown of just 24 hours and no downtime otherwise. The experts from Prasa made sure that the working of the company was not hampered and complete safety of data was ensured.
A glimpse into the solution provided by Prasa at IOCL
- The modern technology along with In-row cooling systems reduces the power usage considerably, therefore reducing the electricity bill and making the company energy efficient.
- Hot-aisle containment technology makes the data center facility safer and easier to manage for the data center staff.
- The Modular UPSs used to provide flexibility and scope for improvement anytime in the future.
- The fire rated gypsum door makes sure that in case of any fire outside the data center, the facility will be safe from fire, and any incident of fire inside the data center will be contained within and suppressed using fire suppression system.
Prasa is one of India’s leading data center and mission critical infrastructure solutions and services providers. For over 25 years, Prasa has worked with a wide range of customers (which includes growing businesses, global enterprises, and government organizations), by offering quality products and services along with certified professional staff and has thus procured in-depth knowledge of the specific requirements in varied industry verticals. To read more case studies from Prasa, click here.